- Title Pages
- Introduction Beyond Visibility
- Part I Architecture After Photography
- 1. Bildarchitekturen
- 2. Photography into Building
- 3. Architectural Abstraction
- Part II Architects and Architectural Photographs
- 4. Type-Photo
- 5. Aura Deferred
- 6. The Future in the Present
- Part III Imageability
- 7. Promise and Threat
- 8. The Photographic Architecture of the Hunstanton School
- 9. From Photographic Surface to Image Object
- Conclusion Surface Divides
- (p.299) Conclusion Surface Divides
- Photographic Architecture in the Twentieth Century
- University of Minnesota Press
The book concludes by examining the shift from late modernism to postmodernism in the work of both architects and critic-historians.
Keywords: architectural photography, modern architecture, architectural montage, architectural abstraction, pictorial architecture, visual culture, virtual space, postwar abstraction, New Brutalism, postmodernism
Minnesota Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.