- Title Pages
- Introduction: Celebrity in the Digital Era
- 1 Tracing the Meaning of the Public Individual
- 2 Conceptualizing the Collective: The Mob, the Crowd, the Mass, and the Audience
- 3 Tools for the Analysis of the Celebrity as a Form of Cultural Power
- 4 The Cinematic Apparatus and the Construction of the Film Celebrity
- 5 Television’s Construction of the Celebrity
- 6 The Meanings of the Popular Music Celebrity: The Construction of Distinctive Authenticity
- 7 The System of Celebrity
- 8 The Embodiment of Affect in Political Culture
- Conclusion: Forms of Power/Forms of Public Subjectivity
- Coda: <i>George</i>, Celebrities, and the Shift in Political/Popular Culture
A New Public Intimacy
- Celebrity and Power
- University of Minnesota Press
Minnesota Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.