- Title Pages
- Introduction: The Matter of Places
- 1 From Venice to the Valley: California Slapstick and the Keaton Comedy Short
- 2 The Eclipse of Place: Rome’s Eur from Rossellini to Antonioni
- 3 Tales of Times Square: Sexploitation’s Secret History of Place
- 4 Derek Jarman in the Docklands: The Last of England and Thatcher’s London
- 5 The Cinecittà Refugee Camp, 1944–50
- 6 Right Here in Mason City:The Music Man and Small-Town Nostalgia
- 7 When the Set Becomes Permanent: The Spatial Reconfiguration of Hollywood North
- 8 The Last Place on Earth? Allegories of Deplacialization in Dennis Hopper’s The Last Movie
- 9 The Nonplace of Argento: The Bird with the Crystal Plumage and Roman Urban History
- 10 The Placement of Shadows: What’s Inside William Kentridge’s Black Box/Chambre Noire?
- 11 Into the “Imaginary” and “Real” Place: Stan Douglas’s Site-Specific Filmand Video Projection
- 12 Doing Away with Words: Synaesthetic Dislocations in Okinawa and Hong Kong
- 13 Moving through Images
- 14 Living Dead Spaces: The Desire for the Localin the Films of George Romero
- 15 On the Grounds of Television
- Taking Place
- University of Minnesota Press
Minnesota Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.