University of Minnesota Press
- Copyright 2010 by the Regents of the University of Minnesota
- All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored
- in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic,
- mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the
- prior written permission of the publisher.
- Published by the University of Minnesota Press
- 111 Third Avenue South, Suite 290
- Minneapolis, MN 55401-2520
- Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data
- Imagining illness : public health and visual culture / David Serlin, editor.
- p. ; cm.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- ISBN 978–0–8166–4822–1 (hc : alk. paper)—ISBN 978–0–8166–4823–8
- (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 1.Health promotion—Audiovisual aids—History. 2. Health education—
- Audiovisual aids—History. 3. Mass media in health education—History.
- 4. Communication in public health—History. 5. Public health—Marketing—
- History. 6. Medical illustration—History. I. Serlin, David Harley.
- [DNLM: 1. Health Promotion—history. 2. Public Health—history.
- 3. Advertising as Topic—history. 4. Audiovisual Aids—history. 5. History,
- 19th Century. 6. History, 20th Century. 7. World Health. WA 590 I31 2010]
- RA440.55.I43 2919
- Printed in the United States of America on acid-free paper
- The University of Minnesota is an equal-opportunity educator
- and employer.
- 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1