- Title Pages
- 1 Why Documentary Filmmakers Keep Trying to Change the World, or Why People Changing the World Keep Making Documentaries (1984)
- 2 <i>Dziga Vertov, 1930s Populism, and</i> Three Songs of Lenin <i>(1975)</i>
- 3 Bread, Water, Blood, Rifles, Planes
- 4 Acting to Play Oneself
- 5 Beyond Vérité
- 6 Sufficient Virtue, Necessary Artistry
- 7 Lesbian and Gay Documentary
- 8 Walking on Tippy Toes
- 9 “Words of Command”
- 10 Joris Ivens and the Legacy of Committed Documentary (1999)
- Publication History
- The Right to Play Oneself
- University of Minnesota Press
Minnesota Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.