- Title Pages
- Preface to the Revised Edition
- 1 Race and Nation in <i>Glory</i>
- 2 Native America, <i>Thunderheart</i>, and the National Imaginary
- 3 National Identity, Gender Identity, and the Rescue Fantasy in <i>Born on the Fourth of July</i>
- 4 Modernism and the Narrative of Nation in <i>JFK</i>
- 5 Prosthetic Memory/National Memory: <i>Forrest Gump</i>
- 6 The Columbian Exchange: Pocahontas and <i>The New World</i>
- 7 Homeland or Promised Land? The Ethnic Construction of Nation in <i>Gangs of New York</i>
- 8 Haunting in the War Film: <i>Flags of Our Fathers</i> and <i>Letters from Iwo Jima</i>
- 9 Trauma and History in <i>United 93</i> and <i>World Trade Center</i>
Minnesota Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs, and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.