University of Minnesota Press
- All photographs were taken by the author unless otherwise indicated. The photograph
- in chapter 1 on page 20 and the photograph in the Epilogue on page 294 are by
- Giuseppe Zevola.
- Copyright 2012 by the Regents of the University of Minnesota
- All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a
- retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical,
- photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the
- Published by the University of Minnesota Press
- 111 Third Avenue South, Suite 290
- Minneapolis, MN 55401–2520
- Library of Congress Cataloging-in-Publication Data
- Pine, Jason.
- The art of making do in Naples / Jason Pine.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- ISBN 978-0-8166-3631-0 (hardback)
- ISBN 978-0-8166-7601-9 (pb)
- 1. Crime—Italy—Naples. I. Title.
- HV6995.N3P56 2012
- Printed in the United States of America on acid-free paper
- The University of Minnesota is an equal-opportunity educator and employer.
- 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1